Skip to content
- The Disabilities Living Centre is a registered charity and a member of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB)
- The DLC provides information, advice and assessments on disability equipment and services for disabled people of all ages, their carers and professionals who support them.
- One to one assessments are carried out at the centre by our qualified assessors. The assessment is tailored to the individual and impartial advice is given.
- An assessment will provide recommendations specific to needs, which might range from special cutlery to a powered wheelchair, from simple living aids to home adaptations. We also provide information on reputable retailers.
- Home visits can be arranged.
- The DLC is a fully equipped facility which is used for training staff in the field of disability. Our training/meeting rooms are also available for hire and have audio visual equipment and Wi-Fi enabled.
- The DLC holds regular exhibitions for service users and care professionals, where major suppliers demonstrate their products and innovations.
- Other activities undertaken by the DLC include a Scooter Safety Awareness course, the hiring of manual wheelchairs and sale of RADAR keys.